Are Dermal Fillers the Answer to Younger-Looking Eyes?
- Posted on: Aug 15 2020
Although the signs of aging affect every part of the body at some point, it is often the eye area that is first noticed. One reason this happens is that the skin of the upper and lower eyelids is very thin to begin with. Exposure to sunlight and the breakdown of collagen in the skin results in fine lines and wrinkles. Even more impact of appearance, though, is the way that loose and weak skin causes sagging in the upper and lower eyelids. Here, we discuss how dermal fillers can help and why this approach to eye rejuvenation is so popular.
What are Under Eye Fillers?
There is no such thing as an under-eye filler, to be specific. In the past several years, numerous soft tissue fillers have been developed. Some are made to give the lips super-soft plumpness. Some are more structural and thick, formulated to add contour to the cheeks, jaw line, or nose. Various fillers can also be added to the subcutaneous tissue of the tear troughs. These crescent-shaped horizontal lines that form between the upper cheek and the lower eyelid. Doing so plumps the crease so skin lies flush across both areas.
Benefits of Under Eye Fillers
Under Eye dermal filler treatment is quite popular. There are several reasons why, including:
- Immediate results. Most dermal fillers work by binding to water molecules in deeper layers of the skin. Held in place, the combined particles immediately add volume to the skin.
- Few if any side effects. After getting dermal fillers, it’s possible to resume normal activities right away. Slight redness or swelling may occur but this typically subsides within a few minutes to a few hours.
- The average dermal filler treatment takes less than half an hour.
- Lasting results. The fillers that are commonly used under the eyes usually remain consistent for more than a year.
- Natural facial enhancement. Dermal fillers are carefully selected to be just soft enough, just structural enough, to correct the signs of aging in various areas of the face. The eyelids will look smooth, youthful, and beautiful after treatment.
Are you a candidate for under eye dermal filler treatment? Most adults who want to refresh their appearance are! To learn more, call 908.879.7297 and schedule a consultation at our Chester, NJ office.
Posted in: Dermal Fillers